Last updated: 09/11/2017
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a site. Cookies do a lot of different jobs, such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that the advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Some cookies we use are from third party companies, such as (vb. Google Analytics, Marketo, ..) to provide us with web analytics and intelligence about our sites. These companies use programming code to collect information about your interaction with our sites, such as the pages you visit, the links you click on, and how long you are on our sites. This code is only active while you are on an GEBROEDERS GODDEERIS nv website. For more information on how these companies collect and use information on our behalf, please refer to their privacy policies.
We may also use web beacons (including conversion pixels) or other technologies for similar purposes as above and we may include these on our sites, in marketing e-mail messages or our affiliated websites, to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on. Web beacons do not place information on your device, but they may work in conjunction with cookies to monitor website activity. The information provided below about cookies also applies to web beacons and similar technologies.
WHAT IF I DON’T WANT COOKIES?
By using our site you agree that we can place cookies on your device as explained below. If you want to remove existing cookies from your device you can do this using your browser options. If you want to block future cookies being placed on your device you can change your browser settings to do this.
Please bear in mind that deleting and blocking cookies will have an impact on your user experience as parts of the site may no longer work. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings to block cookies, our system will issue cookies as soon as you visit our site or click on a link in a targeted email that we have sent you, even if you have previously deleted our cookies.
CHANGING YOUR BROWSER SETTINGS
We draw to your attention that web browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the “Options” or “Preferences” menu of your web browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise, you should consult the ‘Help’ function in your web browser for more details.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE AND WHICH ONES DOES THE SITE USE?
Strictly Necessary cookies – These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
We categorise the following as Strictly Necessary cookies:
- Registered Visitor cookie – A unique identifier given to each registered user, used to recognise them through their visit and when they return to the site. (See also Functionality cookies below.)
Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how visitors use a site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a site works.
We categorise the following as Performance cookies:
- Referrer URL (internal page) – Used to store the URL of the previous page visited. Allows us to track how visitors navigate throughout our site.
- Referrer URL (external page, including if you click on links on GEBROEDERS GODDEERIS nv social media pages) – Used to store the URL which refers a visitor to our site so we may understand which URLs are referring visitors to our site.
- URL history – Used to store the pages visited by a user.
- Unregistered Visitor cookie – A unique identifier given to each visitor to allow analysis on how unregistered visitors use our site.Session Management cookies – These cookies allow us to follow the actions of a user on our sites during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window, visits our sites and finishes when they leave our sites and close their browser window. Our Session Management cookies are created temporarily. Once you close your browser, our Session Management cookies are deleted.
Functionality cookies – These cookies allow a site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide more enhanced, personal features. For instance, a site may be able to provide you with local information or news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font and other customisable parts of web pages. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. We may use information collected from our cookies to identify user behaviour and to serve content and offers based on your profile. In some cases we pass this information on to others within GEBROEDERS GODDEERIS nv for marketing or analysis purposes. In most cases we will not be able to track individuals by name; only if a user is a registered user will we associate the cookie information with a named individual.
These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They don’t gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the Internet outside our site.
We categorise the following as Functionality cookies:
- Recently viewed pages – Stores pages visited by the user on our site and displays them in right hand navigation for easy reference.
- Search history – Stores searches on our site conducted by the user and displays them for the user in the right-hand navigation for easy reference.
- Registered Visitor cookie – A unique identifier given to each registered user to our site, used to serve them content and offers based on their profiles. Also used for analysis and marketing purposes. (See also Strictly Necessary cookies above.)
Targeting cookies – These cookies are used to (1) deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests; (2) limit the number of times you see an advertisement; (3) help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign; and (4) understand people’s behaviour after they view an advertisement. They are usually placed on behalf of advertising networks with the site operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a site and quite often they will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
At GEBROEDERS GODDEERIS nv we do not have third-party advertising on our site, so we do not use these Targeting cookies for advertising, but we may use them for gathering analytics and intelligence about the site. The Targeting cookies may also be used on third party websites and third parties may use them on our websites as follows:
- GEBROEDERS GODDEERIS nv advertisements on non-GEBROEDERS GODDEERIS nv sites – Cookies may be placed on non-GEBROEDERS GODDEERIS nv sites so that when you click on an GEBROEDERS GODDEERIS nv advertisement located on these sites, GEBROEDERS GODDEERIS nv is provided with this information to enable us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Non-cookie technologies – As discussed above, GEBROEDERS GODDEERIS nv also employs technologies that perform similar functions to cookies, but may not respond to browser settings intended for use with cookies. These include web beacons and other similar technologies.
We may use reputable third parties to gather and provide us with information about our website and advertising audiences and to deliver targeted advertisements on third party sites. These third parties will only use anonymous identifiers and have no way of associating these identifiers with identifiable users.
- Targeted email – We send emails to individuals with whom we want to develop or maintain a relationship. Our targeted email messages typically include web beacons, cookies, and similar technologies that allow us to know whether you open, read, or delete the message, and links you may click. When you click a link in an email you receive from GEBROEDERS GODDEERIS nv, we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our websites, even if you are not registered at or signed into our sites.
Mobile apps and mobile websites – By accessing websites on your mobile device, your unique device identifier, and mobile device IP address, as well as information about your device’s operating system, mobile carrier, and your location information (if you have consented) may be collected.
If you have any questions now or during your visit, please submit your request through our Contact Us form. In addition, to find the GEBROEDERS GODDEERIS nv affiliate in your country, visit our Contact Us page.
|Name||Domain||Content and purpose||Duration|
|__ga (__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz)||goddeeris.be||Google Analytics tracking cookie||2 years|
|__utmt_UA-87783018-1||goddeeris.be||Google Analytics tracking cookie||10 minutes|
For cookies placed by third parties (e.g. Google Analytics), please refer to the statements made by these parties on their respective websites. Please note, we cannot exert any influence on the content of those statements, nor the cookie content of these third parties.
Cookies and similar technologies do not allow a systematic collection of data which could identify the users of our website. They simply help us to improve the operation of our website, understand the interests of our users and measure the effectiveness of our website content.
If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you will need to delete your cookies using your browser settings. For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, you can visit the following website.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES?
INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
Useful information about cookies can be found here.
INTERNET ADVERTISING BUREAU
The association of digital marketers has prepared a guide to online behavioural advertising and online privacy, that can be found here.
PROCESSING THE PERSONAL DATA OF VISITORS AND USERS
GEBROEDERS GODDEERIS nv – hereinafter the “Company” – is located at Vijfwegenstraat 174 – B-8800 ROESELARE.
When you request information, subscribe or register as an exhibitor, visitor or member of the press, or when you attend a conference or simply actively send data to us on our website, we usually collect data including, but not limited to: your username, password, first and last name, email address, telephone number (including mobile number), address, gender, occupation, interests, messages you send to us and other information contained in a form that has been submitted.
In addition, the Company automatically collects information from your computer or mobile device as part of the standard operation of the site; this information includes but is not limited to, your browser type, operating system, IP address and the domain name from which you opened the site, and if you access our site with your mobile device, the type of mobile device.
Moreover, we can automatically record and analyse actions you have taken on the site, including, but not limited to, the date and time of use, clicks, page views, how much time you spent on each page and searches. The Company reserves the right to match your IP address (or other data) with other information about you in any manner permitted by applicable law. The Company stores this data on the equipment of the Company or on the equipment of a third-party with whom the Company has a relationship for that purpose. If you interact with the Company via the website, information can be collected under the email address of your account.
If you open or use the site using your mobile phone, including tablets, we collect mobile device identifiers, including MAC Address and IP Address. The Company can create and assign to your device an ID that is comparable to an account number. We can collect the name you have associated with your device, type of device, phone number, country and other information you choose to provide, such as a user name, geographic location or email address. We also have access to your contacts, so that you can invite friends to join you on the site.
Personal data are only shared with staff members handling the requests. This information can be shared with persons outside the Company where this is necessary for processing the user’s request.
If a user refuses to share certain, essential information, then the Company may not be able to handle the user’s request.
Individuals whose data are processed can inspect their personal information, have it corrected or, if there is good reason, have it deleted. For this purpose, they can send a letter with a copy of their identity card to the address listed above or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.